Single Point of Responsibility, Better Customer Experience
When you are planning for a major renovation project at your house, you will want to select a contractor that implements a design/build process. A design build contractor uses a process that combines interior design, architecture and construction under one roof to provide a single point of contact for your home addition or remodel. There are notable benefits for the homeowner because the design/build contractor is totally accountable for the project.
Design/build should not be confused with the design-bid-build model where the owner acts as the project manager, selecting an architect / designer, finalizing the design, bidding the project and hiring a contractor. This single interface approach to major home renovations, remodeling and additions where the architectural designer and building contractor are one and the same result in many benefits for the homeowner:
- Single point of responsibility - reduces risk and overall costs
- Customer involvement - enables better communication between the homeowner and contractor
- Realistic budget - eliminates surprises your remodeling project is designed with a target budget from the start
- Realistic scheduling - potential challenges are uncovered during the design and can be built into the schedule
- Lower overall cost of construction - ensures all design requirements are included to reduce or maybe, eliminate costly change orders
Because of its inherent flexibility, design build lends itself well to a variety of project types. By combining design and construction experience onto one team, the homeowner realizes the benefits and achieves their desired home renovation or construction project.