Our Design / Build Approach to Remodeling
- One Hour Initial Consultation: We meet with you to discuss your project, look over any architectural plans, discuss permitting issues, and budget. We strive to have a good understanding of your project needs and vision for a finished product. We also introduce you to Choice Home Improvement and our approach.
- Rough Estimate: Within a week of our meeting, based on the information we received, we will provide you with a ballpark estimate or a range depending on the project. We will also provide you with references.
- Detailed Specifications and Project Price: Once you choose to work with us, we enter into a retainer agreement. This is really where the project begins. We will then prepare detailed line item specifications for your project. These specifications are necessary to determine a fixed price. The retainer not only provides you with an actual project cost but also gives you a reserved start time for your project.
- Contract and Pre-Construction Planning: The retainer fee is applied against your construction agreement. As part of the agreement, a project timeline and payment schedule is determined. We then coordinate the construction team and go over all details of the project, coordinate the materials and fixtures orders, lead times and deliveries. We then meet with you to review and finalize the details. Orders are placed, and all building permits are secured. This phase of the project clearly lays out all expectations and understandings about the job and is the foundation for a successful remodeling process.
- Construction Begins: As the homeowner you will have peace of mind that we have developed a project timeline and will stick to it. We will respect your home as if it was our own and will consult with you regularly throughout your project. You will have access to us 24/7.
- Project Completion: Once work is completed we will secure sign-off's on all permits and go through a punch list with you. You will receive a Project Portfolio which will include “before and after” pictures of your project. We will also ask you to fill out a questionnaire rating our service and performance. Since most of our business is client referrals, your feedback is very important to us!
Signup for Remodeling Ideas
Join our list and get remodeling tips and ideas in your inbox.